Tecumseh to China

This is a journal about the trip I'm taking with the Purdue GK12 program on October 9-22. Times are EST, but if you change AM to PM you get the China time! (12 hours ahead of Lafayette) Please write a comment so I can reply to your questions!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's now the middle of September and the first set of grading is finished. Many of my students scored well on their first math tests, NICE WORK! I recently shared with my Pre-Algebra classes that I will be going to China, and we starting coming up with some ideas of things they could share with other Chinese students. We plan on making a photo collage of "all things American" from what they wear to school to things they do afterschool, to some of their favorite foods (McDonalds!) Many of them knew that in China they have McDonalds as well, but I told them they might not have the same menu! I also suggested they bring in CD's with their favorite music so we can make a compiled CD of their favorites to share with the class I teach. One student even offered to bring in a tee shirt he no longer wears from Washington DC.
I went to the travel clinic here in Lafayette and the nurse did a great job sharing how I should safely eat only cooked food or fruits that have a skin I can peel and recommended to stick to bottled water so I don't get an upset stomach which wouldn't be fun! She also suggesting I and gave me a Hep A, and TDAP shots, and take the 4 dose pills for Typhoid. They didn't really hurt, but my right arm is still a little sore. Even though these aren't required and I will be in healthy regions, it's better safe than sorry!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Awesome! Have fun!

September 15, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home