Tecumseh to China

This is a journal about the trip I'm taking with the Purdue GK12 program on October 9-22. Times are EST, but if you change AM to PM you get the China time! (12 hours ahead of Lafayette) Please write a comment so I can reply to your questions!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday

At breakfast I ate with the three ladies from JIE and they asked me about breakfast in the US, other eating and what we eat instead of rice pudding. We talked about Jun's baby boy and how many people are in our families. She said she would show me pictures when we got back to Nanjing.
At 8:30 we checked out of the hotel that was paid for by the local officials and took the bus to a school that was even closer to Shanghi. It is for Jr and High and college students who want to study education. They served us clementines already peeled and dragon fruit, a white fruit with seeds that is very bland tasting. We saw a group of girls practicing a song about how they love their city it was very nice outside and the sun was shining so brightly I wish I had sunglasses and not have wore long sleeves! We then went to a beautiful location on the lake and had lunch with the people from that school. I had my first experience trying to eat a crab with lots of help form my Chinese friend. there was lots of yellow in the crab. I really like the dim sun buns with vegetables inside as well as the white fish. I had some apple juice and it had little pieces of shaved apple in it! Later we headed into the small town and visited a beautiful building that used to be a home of a very wealthy businessman who lived in Shanghi. The rooms were all dark wood, but the carvings were amazing. I also have enjoyed how they pave the sidewalks with little pieces of stone in neat designs. On our trip "home" to Nanjing it was still very sunny and many people took naps while I worked on writing this. Dinner was on our own so we all decided a break from Chinese was good, and ate at a place called TACOS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home