Tecumseh to China

This is a journal about the trip I'm taking with the Purdue GK12 program on October 9-22. Times are EST, but if you change AM to PM you get the China time! (12 hours ahead of Lafayette) Please write a comment so I can reply to your questions!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

I went to our second meeting yesterday and found out that some websites may not be accessible in China. I asked Greg about it and he said that there is something called the GREAT FIREWALL OF CHINA (thanks to China's controlling un-democracy... where they decide what websites their people should and should not see!) I looked around on blogger.com to see if I will even be able to view the page to make updates while I'm there and I found this:
We understand there are reports of users in China currently blocked from accessing Blogger and Blogspot URLs. We are looking into the matter and are working to ensure that the service is restored as soon as possible. Labels:

So that makes me a bit nervous. I'm going to email my cousin Ben in Beijing and find out if he can see my blog. If not, I might have to use something else while I'm there or have one of you post my emails for me. Either way, I'll figure something out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home