Tecumseh to China

This is a journal about the trip I'm taking with the Purdue GK12 program on October 9-22. Times are EST, but if you change AM to PM you get the China time! (12 hours ahead of Lafayette) Please write a comment so I can reply to your questions!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

This morning at church I shared that I would soon be traveling to China. At least a half a dozen people shared how excited they were and wanted to talk to me about the trips they have made and how much fun I'll have. One of the men said that he goes there on business, and just made his 5th trip just a few weeks ago. He said that I need to try everything they serve to eat (even if it is chicken feet!) because if I don't eat that they might bring out fried crickets! He says just don't ask what it is and eat it anyways! I am sure I'll have some interesting stories of the foods I will be eating. He also said that I should watch out for tourist trap vendors giving the wrong currency of change (kinda like getting Canadian money instead of US dollars). He also said that for him flying over was the hard part-trying to stay awake so you can sleep when you arrive, and that the way home for him wasn't that bad cause he was exhausted and slept (I had heard different from someone else). He also said I should try to sleep at night over there, even if I wake up wide awake at 2am I should do my best to go back to sleep. He said he usually is offered a drink of their good liquer or two at dinner that helps him!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home